The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global non-profit service provider for international cooperation. It operates as a privately owned company of the German Federal Government with the development policy goal of improving the living conditions of people worldwide and preserving the natural foundations of life.
Responsible person and data protection officer
University and Hospital Partnerships in Africa
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1-5, 65760 Eschborn, Germany.
If you have specific questions about the protection of your data, please contact the GIZ data protection officer: email@example.com.
Passing on to third parties
Your data will not be passed on to third parties. As a matter of principle, no data is transferred to third countries.
Duration of data storage
Personal data will be routinely deleted when
• they are no longer required for the fulfillment of contracts (for example, employment, grant, rental, purchase or service contracts),
• no separate consent has been obtained from the persons concerned,
• legally prescribed retention obligations and periods do not require longer data retention.
Protection of minors
Persons under the age of 16 should not transmit any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or legal guardians.
Reference to user rights
You have the right
• to object to the processing of your data
• to ask about your personal data and its processing,
• to have them corrected, if necessary, or to demand the restriction of processing or the deletion of the data.
The data will then be deleted.
If you have any questions or complaints about this website, you can contact the data protection officer at the contact address given above. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority. The competent authority is the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).
IT security of user data
The protection of personal data is an important concern for GIZ. Therefore, technical and organizational security measures ensure that data is protected against accidental and intentional manipulation, accidental deletion, and unauthorized access. These measures are updated in line with technical developments and constantly adapted to the risks.